Today’s Rapid Response Friday breaks down all of a busy week’s developments in the Trump Administration’s trip up Yodel Mountain, including the surprising revelation that Michael Cohen has audio tapes of his conversations with Donald Trump. What does it all mean? Listen and find out!
We begin, however, with a challenging listener question regarding legal ethics and summer associates that hearkens back to our last episode.
The main segment tackles an entire week’s worth of yodeling, including the Cohen tapes, the emoluments lawsuit, and the Manafort trial. Phew!
After that, we check in with our buddy Andrew Seidel from the FFRF about a recent victory in the 9th Circuit regarding prayers at public school board meetings.
Finally, we end with an all new Thomas Takes The Bar Exam #86 involving the questionable sale of a used car. If you’d like to play along, just retweet our episode on Twitter or share it on Facebook along with your guess and the #TTTBE hashtag. We’ll release the answer on next Tuesday’s episode along with our favorite entry!
None! If you’d like to have either of us as a guest on your show, drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show Notes & Links
- Don’t forget to tune in to our live Q&A this Tuesday, 7/31, at 7 pm Eastern / 4 Pacific. And, of course, participate in the questions thread!
- Here’s the Reuters report that there are 12 Cohen-Trump tapes; we’ve heard just part of the first one regarding Karen McDougal, whom we first discussed back in Episode 158.
- You can read the Emoluments ruling for yourself; we covered this most recently back in Episodes 160 and 162. For our original two-part interview with Seth Barrett Tillman, check out Episodes 35 and 36.
- Some documents from the Manafort trial: 2018.07.22 Yanukovich govt response; 2018.07.20 Yanukovich motion in limine; 2018.07.25 orders on motions in limine; and 2018.07.26 government jury response. And, of course, you should take a look at the government’s Exhibit List.
- We discussed the “Bernie Sanders” lawsuit against the DNC back in Episode 106.
- Finally, for some good news, check out the 9th Circuit’s opinion in FFRF v. Chino Valley Unified School District; we discussed Town of Greece v. Galloway in Episode 85.
Support us on Patreon at: patreon.com/law
Follow us on Twitter: @Openargs
Don’t forget the OA Facebook Community!
For show-related questions, check out the Opening Arguments Wiki
And email us at email@example.com