Topics of Discussion:
- Can the White House Suppress Bolton’s Book?
- Real Answers to Senate’s Impeachment Questions
- Thomas’ Take on Joe Manchin
- What Changed Meaning of High Crimes and Misdemeanors?
- How Would the Framers View Removing the President when Parties Disagree?
- How Do These Articles of Impeachment Differ from Previous Ones Against Judges?
- Does the President Agree that Foreign Interference in an Election is a Crime?
- Did Adam Schiff Create Issues of Due Process that Preclude a Fair Trial?
- Will There Be Consequences?
- Does Claiming Executive Privilege Require the Identification of Specific Documents Seeking Protection?
- T3BE – Question
Thomas: Hello and welcome to Opening Arguments, this is episode 355, I’m Thomas Smith, that’s Andrew Torrez! How’re you doing, Andrew?
Andrew: I’m fantastic Thomas, how are you?
Thomas: Ooooh, doing well doing well.
Thomas: It feels like – in fact, you know what? I take that back. I’m doing very well because I’m pretty sure we singlehandedly made a difference for the witnesses. I say we and by that I mean the royal we of the whole audience and the whole show, because it really feels like the noodle got moved a little bit.
Andrew: It does. I would say, look, Mitch McConnell is still trying to move the noodle back.
Andrew: Do not let up. If you have not yet called your Senators, call your Democratic Senators and praise them, call Mitt Romney and praise him, call Republican Senators who have not spoken out and the script, we’ll continue to use the script and have it in the show notes. This is super easy, hundreds of you have Tweeted in, emailed us, maybe even a thousand. A lot of you have done this, this is really, really great. It’s really important. Keep doing that. The other side is doing the same thing so it is important to keep that up. The vote, if it happens, will happen sometime late on Friday so as you’re hearing this you still have time to call your Senators? and make sure they line up for witnesses.Continue reading “Transcript of OA355: Honest Answers to Impeachment Questions”