Well, it’s another Rapid Response Friday, and we’re here with everything you need to know about Yodel Mountain, including:
- Breaking news regarding the wiretap of Michael Cohen’s office several weeks before the search warrant issued and that the SDNY has at least one conversation between Cohen and Trump
- Rudy Giuliani’s rather bizarre appearance on Hannity, during which he admitted that President Trump is DD and paid Michael Cohen back for the $130,000 in hush money paid to Stormy Daniels — directly contradicting the President’s own earlier statement
- Whether the repayment scheme alleged by Giuliani (a) makes sense and/or (b) constitutes money laundering
- The “leaked questions” regarding Mueller’s efforts to interview Trump
- Trump’s decision to replace Ty Cobb with Emmett Flood
- The House Freedom Caucus’s efforts to impeach Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein; and, of course
- Stormy Daniels’s latest defamation lawsuit against President Trump
Our tip to journalists — the question you want to ask is “What ‘information’ does Stormy Daniels have under Paragraph 2.1 of the Agreement?”
Finally, we end with an all new Thomas (and next week’s guest Andrew Seidel) Take The Bar Exam #74 that’s not about real property, but is instead about the rules of evidence and whether a particular line of questioning is permissible. If you’d like to play along, just retweet our episode on Twitter or share it on Facebook along with your guess. We’ll release the answer on next Tuesday’s episode along with our favorite entry!
Andrew was just a guest on Episode 141 of the God Awful Movies podcast, reviewing “Cries of the Unborn.” Check it out!
Show Notes & Links
- We first discussed how unhinged Rudy Giuliani is way back in Episode 13, “Hillary Clinton’s Damned Emails” — which is one of our all-time favorites.
- This is the not-to-be-missed Laura Ingraham reaction video to Giuliani’s Hannity appearance, which led to this set of tweets from the President.
- The money-laundering statute is 18 U.S.C. § 1956.
- This is the New York Times article we mentioned that breaks down the political implications of the switch from Cobb to Flood, and here is the list of questions Mueller wants to ask Trump.
- Finally, this is the Stormy Daniels defamation complaint.
Support us on Patreon at: patreon.com/law
Follow us on Twitter: @Openargs
Don’t forget the OA Facebook Community!
And email us at firstname.lastname@example.org