In this introductory pre-episode, Thomas and Andrew talk about their backgrounds and their vision for the show. We also preview our upcoming show segments and topics, tell you how to get in touch with us, and talk a little bit about how the show got started.
- Listener Questions: We field a question from Eric Brewer about the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence
- “Closed Arguments”: We look at no-brainer legal “questions” raised by the news media; today, we tackle a New Jersey settlement that allows you to have “8THEIST” as a license plate.
- “Are You A Cop?”: We
bustdebunk legal myths that “everyone knows are true,” but aren’t, like the classic myth that an undercover cop has to answer truthfully if you ask her “Are You A Cop?”
- “Breakin’ (Down) the Law”: We define a common (but commonly misunderstood) legal term or phrase.
Show Notes & Links
- Atheistically Speaking is available here, and Andrew’s first episode was AS225.
- Thomas and the Bible (“T and the B”) is available here. Thomas’s recap of the Old Testament is available here.
- Thomas’s THIRD podcast, Comedy Shoeshine, is available here.
- Andrew’s legal practice is the Law Offices of P. Andrew Torrez, in Baltimore, MD and Washington DC; the business web page is here.
- Andrew’s legal blog is here.
- News story reporting that the New Jersey “8THEIST” vanity plate is no longer banned as “offensive.”
Follow us on Twitter: @Openargs
And email us at firstname.lastname@example.org