Today’s episode is the Happiest Episode Ever (TM)!
First, the guys discuss “the real meaning of Thanksgiving,” cribbing from a blog post Andrew wrote for his old firm back in 2013.
In the main segment, Andrew and Thomas break down a pending case before the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia regarding Donald Trump’s tweets and the Freedom of Information Act, as well as an update on the status of Trump’s “Sanctuary Cities” executive order first discussed on OA 65.
Then, Thomas answers a delightful listener question about what he likes. The answer WILL surprise you!
Finally, we end with an all-new Thomas Takes the Bar Exam Question #51 about justiciability and standing. Remember that you can play along with #TTTBE by retweeting our episode on Twitter or sharing it on Facebook along with your guess. We’ll release the answer on next Tuesday’s episode along with our favorite entry!
Andrew was a return guest on the How-To Heretic Podcast; give it a listen!
Show Notes & Links
- Check out “The Real Meaning of Thanksgiving” here.
- The Freedom of Information Act can be found at 5 U.S.C. § 551 et seq.
- We discussed the influential Garland opinion of ACLU v. CIA, 710 F.3d 422 (D.C. Cir. 2013).
- We first discuss the “Sanctuary Cities” EO in Episode 65, and you can read the permanent injunction here.
- Finally, you can submit your show quotes here.
Support us on Patreon at: patreon.com/law
Follow us on Twitter: @Openargs
And email us at firstname.lastname@example.org