Today’s episode is all about the budding legal expert co-host of this show, one Thomas Smith, Esq. soon-to-be of Thomas’s Second Chance Law Firm.
First, taking a cue from the hilarious failed nomination of Matthew Petersen to the federal bench, Andrew asks Thomas the same kinds of basic questions. Is Thomas more qualified than Trump’s judicial nominees? (The answer will not surprise you.)
In the main segment, the guys break down a threatened “God’s Not Dead 2”-style lawsuit at Thomas’s old high school, Bret Harte High. Strap in for a bumpy ride, because this one is a roller coaster of crazy.
Finally, we end with an all-new Thomas Takes the Bar Exam Question #55 about damaging a boat. Remember that you can play along with #TTTBE by retweeting our episode on Twitter or sharing it on Facebook along with your guess. We’ll release the answer on next Tuesday’s episode along with our favorite entry!
None! Have us on your show!
Show Notes & Links
- The fabulous “Thomas’s Second Chance Law Firm” graphic was designed by fan of the show Kristen Hansen; you can follow her @wrathofkhansen on Twitter.
- If you haven’t yet watched Sen. Kennedy (R-LA) humiliate laughably unqualified former Trump federal judicial nominee Matthew Petersen, you really should.
- You can read all about the hearing at Thomas’s high school here.
- Crazy person Greg Glaser is a serial blogger who writes about the evils of vaccinations, numerological theology; and (of course) his proposed Earth Constitution.
- The actual cases relevant to the dispute are Tinker v. Des Moines Independent School District, 393 U.S. 503 (1969) and Kitzmiller v. Dover, 400 F.Supp.2d 707 (M.D. Pa. 2005).
Support us on Patreon at: patreon.com/law
Follow us on Twitter: @Openargs
And email us at email@example.com