PLEASE PLEASE fill out a very brief survey for us!!!
In this special episode, we look at breaking news: the jury verdict in United States v. Ammon Bundy et al., a federal case brought in the United States District Court for the District of Oregon as a result of the armed takeover of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge in Harney County, Oregon in January of this year.
What happened?? Was there jury nullification? Bias? Racism? We say this a lot, but we really mean it: our answer may surprise you!
In our opening segment, we tackle the equally breaking news regarding the latest developments in the FBI’s investigation into Hillary Clinton’s emails, while giving the phrase “Weiner probe” all the decorum it deserves.
Finally, in our closing segment, “Closed Arguments” returns with a look at some liberal outrage over the state of Kansas’s citation of the much-reviled Dred Scott v. Sanford decision. Do we pile on, or do we take the left to task for making much ado about nothing? You’ll have to listen to find out!
Show Notes & Links
- The grand jury indictment against Bundy et al.
- The Wikipedia entry for the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge. (Please edit!)
- Lane Crowder’s article alleging jury nullification.
- 18 U.S.C. 372, the statute under which Count I was brought.
- United States v. Gerhard, 615 F.3d 7 (1st Cir. 2010).
Support us on Patreon at: patreon.com/law
Follow us on Twitter: @Openargs
And email us at email@example.com