In this “lightning round” episode, Andrew tackles more than the typical three stories we cover on the show. How much more?? Listen and find out!
Potential topics include: the budget showdown and sequestration, the recent Supreme Court rulings on gerrymandering, the Nunes memo, the Federal Reserve, stock market, and Wells Fargo fraud, and … possibly even more??
Finally, we end with an all-new Thomas (and Lucien!) Take the Bar Exam #62 involving the statute of frauds. Remember that you can play along with #TTTBE by retweeting our episode on Twitter or sharing it on Facebook along with your guess. We’ll release the answer on next Tuesday’s episode along with our favorite entry!
None! Have us on your show!
Show Notes & Links
- You can read all 652 pages of the proposed budget deal here.
- The Pennsylvania redistricting case is League of Women Voters v. Pennsylvania, 159 MM 2017.
- We discussed the North Carolina gerrymandering decision in Episode 138; the Supreme Court’s brief order staying that decision is here.
- And, of course, you’ll want to review the 2008 Powerpoint and 2010 “Snidely Whiplash” REDMAP Powerpoint.
- This is the full text of the Nunes memo. We discussed FISA courts in depth in Episode 106, which covered 50 U.S.C. § 1805, the authorizing legislation.
- Finally, you can read the Federal Reserve’s cease-and-desist against Wells Fargo; the enabling legislation is 12 U.S.C. § 1818 et seq.
Support us on Patreon at: patreon.com/law
Follow us on Twitter: @Openargs
And email us at email@example.com
One Reply to “OA146: Clearing the White Board!”