Today’s Rapid Response Friday spends a lot of time high atop Yodel Mountain, pondering the latest developments in the Trump Administration’s efforts to keep the underlying grand jury materials (and redacted portions of the Mueller Report) from being disseminated to Congress. Oh, and we also check in on Trump’s taxes, emoluments, that crazy whistleblower case and so much more from this corrupt administration.
We begin, however, with few little self-congratulatory remarks and some further information about #Brexit that we covered in Episode 315.
Then, it’s time to tackle In re Application of the House Committee on the Judiciary regarding the unsealing of grand jury testimony. Learn how this argument interacts with McKeever v. Barr, which we last discussed in Episode 272.
After that, we pause briefly to discuss the latest ruling on emoluments from the Second Circuit Court of Appeals, as well as the latest apportionment lawsuit that may have been inspired by a previous episode. And we discuss Corey Lewandowski’s sideshow, and the four pending lawsuits involving Trump’s taxes, and so much more….
That gives us a brief amount of time to talk about the latest whistleblower case and what we do (and don’t) know.
None! If you’d like to have either of us as a guest on your show, drop us an email at email@example.com.
Show Notes & Links
- Don’t forget Opening Arguments LIVE in Los Angeles, CA on October 12, 2019. Here is the link!!
- We covered Brexit in Episode 315.
- Check out the latest Trump argument in In re Application of House Committee on the Judiciary. The operative statutory exception is Fed. Rule Crim. Pro. 6(e), and the case we discussed was McKeever v. Barr.
- We, of course, first discussed McKeever v. Barr way back in Episode 206 when we debunked the conspiracy theory angle, and we were proven right in Episode 272.
- The latest emoluments ruling from the 2nd Circuit is here; you can also check out the new apportionment lawsuit as well. Oh, and don’t forget to read this great piece on Lewandowski by Elie Mystal.
- Finally, the two threads you must read on the whistleblower complaint are by Asha Rangappa and our friends at Mueller, She Wrote.
-Support us on Patreon at: patreon.com/law
-Follow us on Twitter: @Openargs
-Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/openargs/, and don’t forget the OA Facebook Community!
-For show-related questions, check out the Opening Arguments Wiki, which now has its own Twitter feed! @oawiki
-And finally, remember that you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
One Reply to “OA316: Unsealing Mueller’s Grand Jury Testimony & Other Yodel Mountain Madness”